When moving to a new city, I think it’s important to do a round of touristy stuff to get to know the city from that point of view that you may never have again. While we stayed with Leah in April and May, we made sure to do just that.
– Clam chowder at Fisherman’s Wharf, check.
– Pier 39 to see the sea lions, check.
– Night tour to Alcatraz, not checked off just yet. We talked about it a lot and we sat on the bay and looked at the little island. Who ever comes to visit us first, you’re in for a treat
– Musee Mechanique, check. This place is awesome. Just a warehouse full of vintage coin slot games.
– Street car ridin’, check.
I have a feeling I’ll do these things many times before it’s all over — and there were a few other little outings better fit for residents. Like enjoying Saturday afternoon in Delores Park or a day trip out to Marin County for a hike. Like accidentally strolling through the Tenderloin or checking out a new bike shop and taking a prototype for a spin on the Embarcadaro and around the Giants’ stadium.
Looking back at these photos makes me really excited about our big move to San Francisco in just under two weeks — so friends and fam start planning your visits!